Re: severely disappointed in Oracle Support

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:26:06 -0000

On Sep 19, 7:04 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:35:50 -0700, epoko..._at_excite.com wrote:
> >"You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
>
> Incorrect. No one pays peanuts (we have some very angry customers who
> think Oracle rips them off) but we get the monkeys.
> In a previous millenium you could address someone by phone in your
> language, and you actually got someone who knew everything about
> Oracle, instead of the current monkeys, who only know how to search
> Metalink.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I consider contracting Pythian.com, because I believe a service provider like them can serve as an outer presentation layer to metalink/Oracle Support, them being better and more knowledgeable than the average support engineer. (And since we fired our DBA, I also came to think of remote DBA services...)

I made an Oracle Warehouse Builder support request some months back, and the support engineer who called me actually from Egypt (I could see their number on my cell phone and looked up the country code), was clueless. We developed an extensive text conversation and it went from bad to worse. He preferred to call and I always asked him to write down our conversation in the incident, which didn't happen all the time. I finally closed the call giving up. I had a workaround myself but wanted Oracle to acknowledge there was a bug and that it should be fixed.

Regards,
Erik Received on Thu Sep 20 2007 - 04:26:06 CDT