Re: severely disappointed in Oracle Support

From: <epokopac_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:35:50 -0700

LOL! That Elbonia comment brightened my morning!

Oracle Support kind of reminds me of an old Dilbert cartoon:

Frame 1 (Dilbert at his PC with his cell phone): "Look. I have three computers in the house. All three simultaneouly lost e-mail but not web function."

Frame 2 (Same as above): "That means the problem is in your e-mail service. Can you grasp that concept?"

Frame 3 (Dilbert laying on sofa sipping coffee): "Okay. I'm reentering  my account information ... Hey, guess what? That didn't work either."

Oracle DOES have some very good support people, but more often than not, are NOT who you get for an intial contact.

"You pay peanuts, you get monkeys." A very good roofer told me that. A lot of truth in that simple statement. He ended up doing our roof. Superb work!

Regards,

    Eugene Pokopac (Oracle DBA - GSFA - Tucker, GA) Received on Wed Sep 19 2007 - 09:35:50 CDT