Re: "Original" IMP transportable tablespace. IMP wants a datafile?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:26:54 +0200

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:16:38 -0000, "owensmith99_at_gmail.com" <owensmith99_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Mr B,
>
>I dont understand why you are so mad.
>
>I list the datafile in the command line.
>
>Here, I'll show you again:
>
>imp transport_tablespace=y file=example.dmp datafiles=/h/oracle/
>oradata/orcl/example01.dfb tablespaces=EXAMPLE
>tts_owners=HR,IX,OE,PM,SH
>
>I'm just doing what the manuals say.
>
>Also I understand what they say.
>
>The concept of a transportable tablespace is quite simple.
>
>I am not stupid.

Mr S,

Actually you are stupid.
I explained to you the concept of a transportable tablespace. This means an existing tablespace including existing datafiles is going to be transported to a target database.
This means your datafile /h/oracle/oradata/orcl/example01.dfb

(Probably this is a typo, and dfb should be dbf) is going to be part of the target database. So what in that message is too difficult for you to understand, and why do you think you need to create a datafile.

I'm waiting for your apologies, but I'm not holding my breath.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA