Re: "Original" IMP transportable tablespace. IMP wants a datafile?

From: <owensmith99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:03:15 -0000

Dear Mr B.

I'm sorry that I have upset you.

Perhaps if I explain myself better, I could motivate you to help me.

My understanding is that TTS depends on 2 types of data:

  1. meta data stored in an export file
  2. "the data" stored in a data base file

My reading of the Docs suggests that a small amount of work needs to go
into the export.

Once that is done, I have the two types of files I need.

Then, I copy them to the target box.

There, I craft an imp command line to attach the data to the target DB.

In my situation, I have no control over the export activity.

It was done by Oracle.

If you have a 10gR2 DB, you will find the files in question here:

$ORACLE_HOME/assistants/dbca/templates/

I too thought it odd that the data file was called this:

example01.dfb

Again here is the imp command line I crafted:

cd $ORACLE_HOME/assistants/dbca/templates/ imp transport_tablespace=y file=example.dmp datafiles='/h/oracle/ oradata/orcl/example01.dfb' tablespaces=EXAMPLE tts_owners=HR,IX,OE,PM,SH

Here is the banner from my Oracle kernel:

03:23:43 SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options bash sol oracle ~ 2 $

Here is some info about my platform:

bash sol oracle ~ 3 $
bash sol oracle ~ 3 $
bash sol oracle ~ 3 $ uname -a

SunOS sol 5.10 Generic_118855-14 i86pc i386 i86pc
bash sol oracle ~ 4 $
bash sol oracle ~ 4 $
bash sol oracle ~ 4 $

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.

I value any opinion or comments you might have.

-Owen Received on Sat Sep 15 2007 - 19:03:15 CDT