Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:45:52 -0700

hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com wrote:

> When in Rome, jump in feet first, I always say. So here goes...

Well done Howard.

> Whether Connor McDonald is respected, famous, useless, brilliant or
> whatever is irrelevant. People really shouldn't appeal to authority
> like that as if doing so is an answer in itself.

I agree. But mentioning Connor is not an appeal to authority. It is an appeal to someone, if they were truly interested in learning something which is not the case here it would seem, to use google to search for "Hit Ratio" and "Connor" which would bring back 924 hits including the paper you referenced.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington