Re: expdp question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:51:20 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>> Bob Jones wrote:
>>> "Brian Peasland" <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message

>>> Burn down the house to kill a bug?
>> Assuming your employer is legally licensed the upgrade is free. There
>> is a huge amount of value in 11g. Of course if you don't want to best
>> technology there is always Ingres or Pick.
>
> You have to be nuts to advise people to upgrade to 11g now.

First one puts a new release into a test environment. Then one puts it into development
Then into a production test
Then production.

Nowhere did I, or have I ever, recommended throwing code over the cubicle wall. Don't read into my posts what I have neither written nor intended. Thank you.

But as long as we are here ... please reserve the obscenities for your friends. Perhaps they will be amused and impressed. This is a public technology forum and we are neither.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington