Re: Lookup tables in multiple databases?

From: CrazyKarma <skalki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:51:10 -0700

Approach that I suggested applies irrespective of the fact whether they are distributed or not distributed. If you donot conform the data then you run into the risk of inconsistent data, data corruption can easily happen and affecting the quality of product that your company delivers, which I believe is much bigger price to pay.

The other approach is to use materialized views. If they are really lookup tables then I don't see any rational in maintaining then separately in every instance of database.

Translating the business needs to right scable design is also something to bear in mind..

CrazyKarma Received on Fri Aug 17 2007 - 10:51:10 CDT