Re: Prevent table delete

From: Thomas Kellerer <FJIFALSDGVAF_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:56:14 +0200

Sean wrote on 17.08.2007 17:28:
> how do i create a table which cant be deleted by the normal drop
> command.
>
> a friend told me that by hiding the table file it cant be deleted. is
> there any other way?

I have *no* idea what you mean with "table file", but revoking the DROP privilege from all users that are able to access the table should be enough.

The only drawback is, that the owner of the table can grant himself the right to drop the table. But he won't be able to drop it accidently Thomas Received on Fri Aug 17 2007 - 10:56:14 CDT