Re: Recovery Question

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:24:34 +0200

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:06:40 -0700, Paul <paulwragg2323_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>There are some people who clearly believe that helping anybody
>properly is beneath them - I feel sorry for those people, maybe you
>are just having a bad day as there are 2 of you ( and I am sure you
>know who you are ) who I see helping people very frequently - I think
>you always give good advice and I believe that you have helped me in
>the past so I am not sure why sarcasm/pretentiousness got the better
>of you today.

I don't appreciate you carefully suppressed I *did* provide helpful advice. But then you didn't provide any clues at all to outline the exact situation, requiring for crystal balls and clairvoyance. I admit providing error messages to people who are trying to help you out *for free* was probably asked too much.
I would recommend you direct similar questions in the future to Oracle Technical Support. At least *they* are getting paid to deal with posts without any details.

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA