Re: RMAN 9i: Resetting/Clearing name for controlfile backup

From: Alexander Skwar <alexander_at_skwar.name>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:56:13 +0200

sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> As there can be only one (1) autobackup controlfile backup set, all
> the formats above don't make any sense.

Hm. But how can it come, that there are two (2) autobackup control file formats set?

RMAN> SHOW ALL; RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 60 DAYS; CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '/tmp/backup/cf%F?;'; CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '/tmp/backup/%F'; CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1; # default CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/tmp/backup/%d,data,%Y%M%D,%s_%t,%p_%c' MAXPIECESIZE 1 G; CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO '/opt/apps/oracle/product/9.2.04/dbs/snapcf_BNRTEST.f'; # default

> That said, stop trying to do the impossible, reread the documentation
> to confirm my post and set it to /tmp/backup/%F.ctl

As said, it's not possible to confirm your post :/

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar Received on Thu Jul 12 2007 - 01:56:13 CDT