Re: exp and archive available.... recover table

From: Alexander Skwar <usenet_at_alexander.skwar.name>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:05:29 +0200

ยท DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>:

> Doing it "right" is a combination of RMAN and Flashback.

Seeing that RMAN seems to be non-functional (cf. <news:1240493.UQgxmLvFx2_at_kn.gn.rtr.message-center.info>), I've got my problems with your statement, though. But maybe you can simply show, what has been done wrong in the usage of RMAN I showed in the post.

> Can anyone come up with a single scenario where an export will do a
> better job than RMAN and Flashback?

BTW: I haven't said that EXP does a better job. I said, that it may do a "good enough" job.

Alexander Skwar

--
<Valkyrja> java, hon, sometimes I really want to smack you.
<Knghtbrd> Valkyrja - he'd enjoy it too much