Regarding backing up and restoring FRA

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:07:15 -0000

Hi All,

I am using 10g. I have configured FRA (Flash Recovery Area). I have following questions related to backup from FRA to Tape and restore from Tape to FRA.

  1. Is there any way I can know which redo / archive log corresponds to which flashback log. For example given a timestamp / scn number is there any way I can find out corresponding Flashback log and Archive Log.
  2. Is there any way I can selectively backup flashback logs and archive logs from FRA to tape. For example I have found that in last 30 min the Flashback log has changed / certain file from my Tape backup is lost. So I want to backup only that particular file to tape and its corresponding archive log. I guess BACKUP RECOVERY AREA will backup the entire FRA.
  3. During restore operation do I need to bring all the copies of the Flashback logs from Tape to FRA ? Is it ok if I just restore the Flashback log corresponding to the required SCN number / timestamp. Lets say I want to to restore till 1:00 am today and right now its 10:00 am and my FRA contains flashback logs till 6:00 am. So do I need to bring all the Flashback logs from 1:00 am to 10:00 am in FRA for the restore operation to succeed ?

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh Tambat Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 03:07:15 CDT