Re: Oracle 10g R2 RHEL 5 When?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 05:52:41 -0700

On Jun 26, 6:01 am, Laurenz Albe <inv..._at_spam.to.invalid> wrote:

> >> 1. 10g R2 is not certified for RHEL 5
> >> 2. OUI pukes out on prerequistes. Have to use runInstaller -
> >> ignoreSysPrereq flag.
> >> 3. Resulting binaries do not not quite behave correctly: i.e. segment
> >> violation errors, etc.
>
> > Oracle on linux seems to be fairly sensitive to stuff affecting c so
> > perhaps the RHEL 5 includes newer versions that cause problems?
>
> > Probably submitting a service request to oracle can get you the
> > information you need.
>
> Metalink Note 422661.1 says (since April 6):
>
> "Oracle is fully committed [bla bla bla]
>
> "In a few weeks when we complete testing RHEL 5 to ensure stability,
> robustness and interoperability, our customers will be able to
> confidently deploy either RHEL 5 or Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (fully
> compatible with RHEL5), and get enterprise-quality support from Oracle
> through our Unbreakable Linux Support Program."
>
> So that means, you gotta wait.
>
> Maybe if you are an important Oracle customer you can exert some pressure
> that these "few weeks" will not last too long.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Thanks for pointing out that reference. A few weeks or a few months or a few more quarters what's the difference?

Perhaps the upcoming America's cup sailing match is getting too much time from the developers.

I am still waiting to see when the 10.2.0.3 patchset for solaris x86-64 is going to be delivered since the first several 10.2.0.3 patchsets for certain platforms came out a very long time ago.

You don't think there's any difficulties keeping so many balls up in the air at the same time do ya? Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 07:52:41 CDT