Re: Oracle 10g R2 RHEL 5 When?

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 26 Jun 2007 10:01:53 GMT

hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> What's wrong with the one that is already available?
>>
>> 1. 10g R2 is not certified for RHEL 5
>> 2. OUI pukes out on prerequistes. Have to use runInstaller -
>> ignoreSysPrereq flag.
>> 3. Resulting binaries do not not quite behave correctly: i.e. segment
>> violation errors, etc.

> Oracle on linux seems to be fairly sensitive to stuff affecting c so
> perhaps the RHEL 5 includes newer versions that cause problems?
>
> Probably submitting a service request to oracle can get you the
> information you need.

Metalink Note 422661.1 says (since April 6):

"Oracle is fully committed [bla bla bla]

"In a few weeks when we complete testing RHEL 5 to ensure stability,  robustness and interoperability, our customers will be able to  confidently deploy either RHEL 5 or Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (fully  compatible with RHEL5), and get enterprise-quality support from Oracle  through our Unbreakable Linux Support Program."

So that means, you gotta wait.

Maybe if you are an important Oracle customer you can exert some pressure that these "few weeks" will not last too long.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 05:01:53 CDT