Re: OO-databases - anyone out there?

From: Marc Blum <blum_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:45:24 +0200

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:45:06 -0700, David Portas <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas_at_acm.org> wrote:

>Can you event define what an OODBMS is? I'm not aware that anyone has
>had much success in doing so.

I'm asking here, because I'm not very familiar to the subject "OO-database".

To me, OO is a programming method to control complex requierements without losing one's mind.

"Reduce complexity, so it fits in your head."

OO seems to be appropriate to design behaviour at runtime.

The relational model is a method to control functional dependencies between data. Behaviour isn't subject to that.

An OO-database should support OO-based software development methods.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Marc Received on Mon Jun 18 2007 - 11:45:24 CDT