Re: how can I install oracle 7

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:05:43 +0200

On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:32:49 -0000, "mymoup_at_gmail.com" <mymoup_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>every 15sec ,there are some new data on the ora7.3. and our new
>project is base on ora9,so wo need to get the data from ora7.3.
>i;m so sorry,i can't say that you want to know.i don't know how to
>show my problem.
>thanks!

'New project on ora9'? What project? What version of ora9? What business? A museum for industrial archeology? A special project to contribute to Tom Kytes pending 'Oracle worst practices' webcast?
A special course in 'How to develop Oracle applications while not reading desupport notices'?
Because Oracle RDBMS 9.0.1 has already been desupported, and Oracle RDBMS 9iR2 will be desupported on July 31 2007, so in 2 months!!!!

Right now your only option is to dump the ora 7.3 data to text and to set up Oracle 9iR2 external tables to read those text files. Just the very idea makes me shudder.

Upgrade the 7.3 junk to 9iR2 as soon as possible and get rid of 7.3. Then upgrade everything to 10gR2 as soon as possible.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA