Re: monitor users

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 May 2007 14:51:13 -0700

On May 15, 2:10 pm, me <ma8..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am suppose to generate a daily log of oracle users , something like
>
> date user start end
> 05-31 jdoe 10:00 11:30
>
> does oracle maintain a log file or utility to do this or do i have to
> overwrite sqlplus ?
>
> thanks
> Michael

You probably want to look at database auditing (see the oracle database security guide, an intro with the exact command you are asking for is at http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1689 ), login triggers (see http://www.red-database-security.com/advisory/bypass_oracle_logon_trigger.html ), and maybe parsing the listener.log, depending on your real end purpose and ways users are given to access the db. Describe dba_audit_session, for example. See the oracle sql database reference for the AUDIT command.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Ice cream, lasagna, barbecue, candy bars, popcorn, happy hours,