Re: Need advice on ORA-04030 and pga_aggregate_target parameter

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 May 2007 15:08:49 -0700

On May 15, 11:52 am, Ronny <nitely..._at_ist-einmalig.de> wrote:
> > Why would you say that? The Oracle rule is 40% of RAM.
>
> > The largest recommended would be 1.6GB.
>
> Example for OLTP systems: "... leaving 80% for the SGA."http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/mem...

I think that reference in particular is just plain wrong (quite overestimating things for a ballpark initial installation, and not taking multiple instances into account at all, and probably enlarging bug effects in some versions).

But google Jonathan Lewis' site for interesting ways to look at PGA.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Are you older than videogames?  http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3159462