Re: Lots of Oracle10g Audit Log Files, Created every one or two second(s)

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 21 Apr 2007 06:33:49 -0700

On Apr 21, 12:08 am, BicycleRepairman <engel.ke..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > Activating for a brief period of time an after logon trigger that is
> > looking for sysdba logins to gain extra information that the OP hasn't
> > been able to obtain to date is "dangerous as well" exactly how?
>
> > And your helpfule advice "I don't know what type of process is
> > causing ..."
>
> tell you what -- why don't you set one up in your production
> environment -- then delete a datafile -- and tell us whether you can
> connect as sysdba in order to recover the database. If you can, then
> setting one up is merely dangerous. If you can't, it's more like
> fatal.
> Have fun

You appear to be taking the original question to a whole different area not that I see the OP ever responding to your posting.

I for one don't see any direct connection ... you want people to intentionally delete a datafile in their production system? Not exactly a really useful suggestion IMHO.

If there's some story that is somehow relevant in this context to what the OP was asking why don't you let us know what it is. Received on Sat Apr 21 2007 - 08:33:49 CDT