Re: Lots of Oracle10g Audit Log Files, Created every one or two second(s)

From: BicycleRepairman <engel.kevin_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2007 21:08:05 -0700

On Apr 20, 9:06 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 8:13 am, BicycleRepairman <engel.ke..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I've been thinking about it, but I am not sure if the information the
> > > logon trigger captures would be helpful or not ...
>
> > And it would be dangerous as well -- the reason SYSDBA logins are
> > audited to a file rather than the DB is that you want to be able to
> > login to the DB as sysdba and fix a startup/mounting/disk error - type
> > problem. I don't know what type of process is causing the SYS
> > connections (some sort of RAC heartbeat connection?), but the behavior
> > doesn't sound like a bug to me...- Hide quoted text -

> Activating for a brief period of time an after logon trigger that is
> looking for sysdba logins to gain extra information that the OP hasn't
> been able to obtain to date is "dangerous as well" exactly how?
>
> And your helpfule advice "I don't know what type of process is
> causing ..."

tell you what -- why don't you set one up in your production environment -- then delete a datafile -- and tell us whether you can connect as sysdba in order to recover the database. If you can, then setting one up is merely dangerous. If you can't, it's more like fatal.
Have fun. Received on Fri Apr 20 2007 - 23:08:05 CDT