Re: Optimizer Instability on 10.2.0.2

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 21 Apr 2007 03:04:37 -0700

Jack ha scritto:

> RBO is rock stable, and needs zero admin :)
> -> RBO is still better than CBO
> (If no need for some new features)
>
> want RBO back.

Also my programmers think so. I think that if today you think that, maybe you don't need to spent money on Oracle, you can use MySQL. (unless as says Sybrand you are still living in 1994) I've seen that with heavy work some features that need CBO (i think Hash Join for example, but there are many) are fundamental. The problem may be the instability of CBO but if you freeze statistics on a situation that gurantee correct execution plans you are ok. Don't forget to design application correctli, otherwise there is no story.

By
Cristian Cudizio
http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.it
http://oracledb.wordpress.it Received on Sat Apr 21 2007 - 05:04:37 CDT