Installing Oracle 10g release 2 RAC on an OESsp2 NSS Cluster?

From: <ryansinn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2007 19:15:28 -0700

Anybody have any thoughts on running an Oracle RAC on NSS instead of RAW disks or OCFS2 file system?

I'd prefer to have Novell Cluster Services (NCS) manage everything, but it looks like I might have to "double configure" my cluster so that Oracle Clusterware manages one Array on my SAN and have NCS manage the other Array on the same SAN...

Seems like a recipe for slower performance and perhaps some confusion since the two cluster services aren't aware of each other -- although that shouldn't matter...

So... any thoughts? Received on Fri Apr 13 2007 - 21:15:28 CDT