Re: XMLType performance

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:02:11 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:
> And when you write: "I don't think that any major DBMS vendor wants to
> see ...." You should be able, after all of our exchanges, to know
> exactly how much I care about what any DBMS vendor wants. My comments
> are with respect to what makes most sense for that vendor's customers.
Well, I tried my best. I think you are misguided in what's best for customers. Surely there were plenty of folks around who dismissed the value of relational back in the days. Just a fad. Or those distributed systems. Running databases on Unix servers.. ridiculous.... ;-)

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau