Re: Installing Oracle 10g release 2 RAC on an OESsp2 NSS Cluster?

From: Tim Heywood NSC SYSOP <tim_at_no.spam.please.nds8.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:50:50 +0100

NCS would only require the SBD - other than that we can use any file system. The problem with OES as it stands today is the support for OCFS2 - (iffy at best - and not official)

In OES2 the OCFS2 support is in the box (from SLES10) and you can cluster that without issue. - Can you hang on until the summer?

On 13 Apr 2007 19:15:28 -0700, "ryansinn_at_gmail.com" <ryansinn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Anybody have any thoughts on running an Oracle RAC on NSS instead of
>RAW disks or OCFS2 file system?
>
>I'd prefer to have Novell Cluster Services (NCS) manage everything,
>but it looks like I might have to "double configure" my cluster so
>that Oracle Clusterware manages one Array on my SAN and have NCS
>manage the other Array on the same SAN...
>
>Seems like a recipe for slower performance and perhaps some confusion
>since the two cluster services aren't aware of each other -- although
>that shouldn't matter...
>
>So... any thoughts?

Tim

Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk

In theory, practice and theory are the same In Practice, they are different Received on Sun Apr 15 2007 - 03:50:50 CDT