Re: Large table and buffer cache concerns

From: <devalos_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2007 05:59:57 -0700

Sybrand,

     Wow, why the veiled insults questioning someone elses competence? Do you know me? Have any idea of my level of intelligence or level of competence with Oralce?

     You're making a huge leap given a single thread on a forum, in which I've clearly stated I could not go into the specific details as to why the application layer redirects clients through a distributed application layer. But there is a very good reason for doing so, one which will not go away merely because you can not fathom such a situation.

     As to my desire to tune the Buffer Cache and Disk I/O, within a OTLP system, by finding methods of co-locating data which is always fetched by the customer id; clustering a single table seems a very logical and viable option to consider and take the time to benchmark.

     So honestly, please do take a few moments and look within yourself and ask if you have enough knowledge to make the accusations you are making about someone else. *hands you a mirror*

     It is easy to sit on the sidelines and cast insults. Now, how about using this forum for what it is intended, a source of sharing information, and come come up with some useful suggestions else, do us all a favor and shut your trap. Are you familar with the term TROLL? Received on Fri Apr 13 2007 - 07:59:57 CDT