Re: Large table and buffer cache concerns

From: <devalos_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2007 17:40:17 -0700

On Apr 11, 5:07 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> I am sure you have a reason but I doubt it is a good one.
>
> If that is not the reason ... I've enjoy being enlightened.
>
> Because I've a remarkably good idea of how the largest retail websites
> in the world do it and that's not it.
> --

Hello Daniel,

     The example was just that, a half baked, Jonny on the spot, how can I put this into a pseudo analogy. So, yup; my provided analogy doesn't hold water in the real world.

     So lets see if I can be a bit clearer without being too specific about the application I'm working on.

     Three tier architecture:
     client
     app server
     database

     With the app server layer distributing the client load, and
shuffling clients between various app servers. Again, there is a reason, but not one I'm at liberty to discuss. When the client is moved between app servers, instead of the two app servers exchanging what they have in RAM, they flush the state of the customer to the database and inform the new app server to load what it needs from the database. Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 19:40:17 CDT