Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)

From: <sandoval.joe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2007 17:01:24 -0800

Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great.

Thanks,
Joe Received on Mon Mar 05 2007 - 19:01:24 CST