Re: Find SID for oracle.exe

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2007 16:59:09 -0800

On Mar 5, 9:11 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Jim Smith wrote:
> > In message <1173041871.506..._at_bubbleator.drizzle.com>, DA Morgan
> > <damor..._at_psoug.org> writes
>
> >> There is no relationship between SID and oracle.exe.
>
> > Of course there is. It just might not be easy to find.
>
> One can use any oracle.exe to open any database. All one need
> do is change the ORACLE_SID environment variable.

And that is what the OP was asking - how to see which database was opened by which oracle.exe. Several answers have been given, I think the tasklist one only applies to XP or something? I don't see it on win2kpro. Charles and bdbafh gave other useful replies.

The relationship is created when the exe starts. Right? The instance is created by oradim, right? So you can figure out which possible SID's there are by looking at oradim.log, as well as system services? Too bad the alert log doesn't have the OS id.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I knew old racehorses went to the glue factory, but old jockeys go to