Re: turning off an object audit

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Mar 2007 05:25:50 -0800

On Mar 1, 6:43 pm, "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 4:42 pm, "hpuxrac" <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 1, 2:32 pm, "EdStevens" <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Oracle 10.2.0.2 on HP-UX
>
> > > Turned on a bunch of object audits, with statements like
>
> > > audit all on myuser.HSDASF by session;
>
> > > The audit statements were genned by selecting on dba_objects where
> > > owner='myuser'
>
> > > That was done at a sqlplus command , but used OEM to turn them off.
> > > All turned off except for the 10 audited statements on one particular
> > > view. OEM returns 'ORA-04063: view "myuser.GTN0_PER_UPS_PERSON" has
> > > errors'.
>
> > > Any clues what I might have done wrong in genning this in the first
> > > place, and how to clean up the mess?
>
> > My first guess is that perhaps you should believe the oracle message
> > and that perhaps there are problems with that view.
>
> > Dropping the view is one possible solution.
>
> > Are you really an oracle dba?- Hide quoted text -

> Hp, I do not think the dig was necessary. Ed has been posting to
> these boards for several years. You could have just posted your
> opinion that the errors are most likely related to the view going or
> being invalid. I agree with your opinion there.
>
> IMHO -- Mark D Powell --- Hide quoted text -

Sorry but it was a question not intended as a dig.

I have seen a lot of questions from Ed. I believe that I have helped him with at least several.

He received an ORA-04063

He apparently did not look up or research the oracle error message but instead posted it here in cdos. If you just google ORA-04063 and combine it with the word view it leads you to possible solutions.

When people do things like that it causes me to wonder what kind of background they have, what job responsibilities they are involved with, etc.

Just my opinion. Received on Fri Mar 02 2007 - 07:25:50 CST