Re: turning off an object audit

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2007 15:43:47 -0800

On Mar 1, 4:42 pm, "hpuxrac" <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2:32 pm, "EdStevens" <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Oracle 10.2.0.2 on HP-UX
>
> > Turned on a bunch of object audits, with statements like
>
> > audit all on myuser.HSDASF by session;
>
> > The audit statements were genned by selecting on dba_objects where
> > owner='myuser'
>
> > That was done at a sqlplus command , but used OEM to turn them off.
> > All turned off except for the 10 audited statements on one particular
> > view. OEM returns 'ORA-04063: view "myuser.GTN0_PER_UPS_PERSON" has
> > errors'.
>
> > Any clues what I might have done wrong in genning this in the first
> > place, and how to clean up the mess?
>
> My first guess is that perhaps you should believe the oracle message
> and that perhaps there are problems with that view.
>
> Dropping the view is one possible solution.
>
> Are you really an oracle dba?- Hide quoted text -

Hp, I do not think the dig was necessary. Ed has been posting to these boards for several years. You could have just posted your opinion that the errors are most likely related to the view going or being invalid. I agree with your opinion there.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Mar 01 2007 - 17:43:47 CST