Re: oinstall vs. dba UNIX Group

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2007 04:25:21 -0800

Thanks all very much for the very diverse take on this topic.

I guess in short, if I choose to NOT create an "oinstall" group and have everything continue to be owned by "dba" it should still be OK it sounds like.

I have a slight concern that Oracle might put out a patch that requires "oinstall" be in place, this goes back to Dan's point of sticking to the docs, i.e. the Oracle published\recommended way.

Thanks again,

Michael Received on Sat Feb 17 2007 - 06:25:21 CST