Re: import made my objects case-sensitive

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:49:17 +0100

mRangel schreef:
> Dear friends,
>
> I did a full export from a 10.2.0.1.0 instance under Windows and
> imported (also full) to a 10.2.0.3.0 instance under Linux RHEL.
> Something happened to my pl/sql objects, and I do not know how to
> revert it. Take a look:
>
> First Database:
>
> SQL> select text from all_source where owner = 'PA' and line = 1 and
> text like 'PACKAGE%' order by text
> 2 /
>
> TEXT
> PACKAGE calendar IS
> PACKAGE Conversion_De_Moneda IS
> PACKAGE Formula2 IS
> PACKAGE Formula3 IS
> PACKAGE kp__arquit_utils AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS
> PACKAGE LD_API AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS
> PACKAGE ld_util AUTHID CURRENT_USER
> PACKAGE P2000_BASE64 IS
> (...)
>
> Second Database:
>
> SQL> select text from all_source where owner = 'PA' and line = 1 and
> text like 'PACKAGE%' order by text
> 2 /
>
> TEXT
> PACKAGE "CALENDAR" IS
> PACKAGE "CONVERSION_DE_MONEDA" Is
> PACKAGE "FORMULA2" IS
> PACKAGE "FORMULA3" IS
> PACKAGE "KP__ARQUIT_UTILS" AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS
> PACKAGE "LD_API" AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS
> PACKAGE "LD_UTIL" AUTHID CURRENT_USER
> PACKAGE "P2000_BASE64" IS
> (...)
>
> Does anybody know what happened ? Why did import double-quoted my
> object names ? Is there any way I can remove them ?
>
> Thanks,

No such thing on packages.
Oracle is not case sensitive on it's objects, unless you force it to be.
So your first source (kp__arquit_utils AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS) is actually the same as KP__ARQUIT_UTILS AUTHID CURRENT_USER IS.

You can force it to be case sensitive, by using double quotes, as in your second example. But, as all quoted text is in upper case, it makes no difference - basically, your sources are identical, syntactically as well as logically.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...