Error message: "Unable to connect...."

From: Ton Wibier <bla_at_bla.bla>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 06:29:47 +0100

Hello group!

Since a few days I'm a proud user of OpenSuse Linux 10.2 and I'm lovin' it! After using open source software under Windows, just to get used to these programs, I finally made the switch! I've installed almost all software and didn't encounter any problems, accept for one!

I work a lot with Oracle-XE and want to use it under Linux also, of course. On the command line I've installed the database with the 'RPM' command and also filled out all the parameters (e.g. port for homepage).

After installation I got the message that this was successfully done, but when I clicked on the 'Go To Database Homepage' shortcut I received this message: "Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8080".

Can somebody point me in the right direction for getting this to work? Apache is installed and all of my virtual servers are working, so this can't be the problem. Or...? I also temporary shut down Suse Firewall, but the result remained the same.

I hope you can help me solve this problem, because I haven't got a foggiest clue what I am overseeing here. Thanks a million for your help.

--
Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ton Wibier