Re: Is this a bug?

From: What's in a namespace <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:32:11 +0100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht news:1167929230.952378_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Serge Rielau wrote:
>
>>> I'm not quite sure I can agree that something violating Oracle's advice,
>>> and generating an error, is a bug. At least not as long as the word
>>> TIMESTAMP is present in gv$reserved_words.
>> I wish my customers were as tolerant as you are....
>
> When a company goes to the effort to put a reference of keywords into
> their product then it becomes the obligation of the developers and DBAs
> to use it.
>
> When you buy an car ... do you expect the dealer to teach you how to
> drive it?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

No, but I do not expect some hidden pocket somewhere with a small booklet in it titled: 'Which buttons not to push...' Well anyway, we have seen some 'reserved word' problems before, so I guess you're right after all ;-) and thank heavens your not a car dealer!

Shakespeare
(What's on a button?) Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 14:32:11 CST