Re: Is this a bug?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:26:05 -0800

What's in a namespace wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht

>>> I wish my customers were as tolerant as you are....
>> When a company goes to the effort to put a reference of keywords into
>> their product then it becomes the obligation of the developers and DBAs
>> to use it.
>>
>> When you buy an car ... do you expect the dealer to teach you how to
>> drive it?
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org
>
> No, but I do not expect some hidden pocket somewhere with a small booklet in
> it titled: 'Which buttons not to push...'
> Well anyway, we have seen some 'reserved word' problems before, so I guess
> you're right after all ;-) and thank heavens your not a car dealer!
>
> Shakespeare
> (What's on a button?)

Why is it everyone keeps being so thankful I don't sell cars? Far worse if I were a politician. Far far worse. ;-)

But you are correct in one respect. While they've done a decent job with SQL keywords ... there are some rather ugly gaps when you get to PL/SQL. This just didn't happen to be one of them.