Re: Experienced DBA but New to Oracle

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 06:15:17 -0800

red_valsen_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I am an experienced DBA with other DBMSes and am making the transition
> to Oracle. What references can members of the Oracle community
> recommend for a smoother switch -- essential OEM manuals, 3rd-party
> books, websites, news groups, online courses, useful certifications to
> pursue, do's-don'ts-gotchas lists, etc? Your experienced insight is
> greatly appreciated.

You can find a load of useful documentation here:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage?remark=tahiti

Seeing as you are familiar with other RDBMS's, I cannot recommend reading the "Oracle Database Concepts" guide highly enough. This will help you with architectural as well as terminological differences with other products that you've used:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm

HTH -g Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 08:15:17 CST