Re: Musings on 'new' OFA standard

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2006 05:42:45 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> EscVector wrote:

<snip>

> > I don't like that grid installs on 10.1 by default even though it lists
> > as 10.2. I have an uneasy feeling with this.
>
> I caught that too and made it part of the Grid Control class we teach
> here at PSOUG. It would seem the person developing the text for OUI
> wasn't in on what actually was tested and shipped.

<snip>

That's something else that was buzzing around the periphery of my thinking when I started this discussion. We finally got the opportunity to do a fresh install of Grid on a box dedicated to that, and have been struggling with this 10.1 vs. 10.2 install/upgrade/patch.  (The other oracle guy here has been in the driver's seat on this particular project.) Would you mind expanding a bit on that, either here or a pointer do some doc you have on your PSOUG site or elsewhere? Received on Wed Dec 20 2006 - 07:42:45 CST