Oracle 9i AS Installation problems

From: Naeem <naeemshzd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2006 04:59:12 -0800

I am installing Oracle 9iAS R2 on Windows XP running machine. I select "BI and forms" option as installation type. In the next screen, installer prompts for host name and port for single sign on. There is no network domain server. I supply Oracle Database Sever (9i on separate machine) host name and port but it doesn't accept. I also tried giving hostname as mentioned in Windows hosts file for TCP/IP communication but no way. I am not getting through it. Please help... Received on Tue Dec 19 2006 - 06:59:12 CST