Checkpoint Not Complete

From: ExecMan <johndoe_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2006 07:11:39 -0800

Hi,

Quick question, I have messages in my alert log like this:

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 584375 Checkpoint not complete

However, the database is not in archive log mode. So, what is this checkpoint really accomplishing? Does it just tell Oracle it can reuse the log?

John Received on Fri Dec 08 2006 - 09:11:39 CST