Re: when I uninstall the oracle9i and the reinstall oracle9.2 ,I cant start instance

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 07:15:20 -0800

On Nov 14, 7:04 am, "Big huang" <zhaohui.hu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> First I install the oracle9.0 ,but for some reason I cant imp the data
> from oracle9.2 to oracle9.0 ,and
> then I unistall the oracle9.0 ,reinstall the oracle9.2 ,but in the time
> I cant connect to 9.2's instance,
> when I connect the instanct , oracle ask me no listener,can someone
> tell me the reason??
> big thanks

The actual error message would probably be helpful and might allow someone to recognize what the problem is. Make sure that the correct version of the listener is being started.

Old versions of the Oracle import utility generally cannot read exports files made by newer versions of the utility. The proper way to export a newer version of Oracle to an older version is to make the export against the newer version using the export utility for the target version.

If the target version is on a different machine, it is possible to exp/imp accross a network using TNS.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Nov 14 2006 - 09:15:20 CST