Re: Size of an archive log file for dataguard

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2006 07:47:29 -0800

clint_silver wrote:
> ok, I'll investigate. I still need to find out the size in MBs of the
> usage of the line( currently upgrading) and all I have to go on is the
> current rate and sizes of my archive logs.

If you are using standby redo logs on the standby and LGWR (versus ARCH) as the method in your dest_2 parameter on the primary, you aren't shipping the entire log (at one time), but instructing LGWR to propagate its redo I/O over the network as it is generated. I'm not sure that helps you, but if you are concerned about network bursts at log switches ("rather then ship the physical 50mb log"), that should help.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 09:47:29 CST