10G Grid Control Email Alerts

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:52:32 GMT

I have a 10.2 Grid Control and the same version (10.2) intelligent agent installed on all DB servers. When I do a weekly cold backup on some of these databases I can suppress the "unable to connect" email alert by blacking out the target, but I still get the "able to connect" one when the cold backup finishes and the DB comes back up. I tried putting a 10 minute delay between the startup of the database, and the ending of the blackout but about half of the time I still get the "able to connect" email. How can I completely suppress it?

I thought 10 minutes would be a long enough delay because the polling cycle on that metric is only 5 minutes. I can also verify that the GC knew the database was blacked out when it came back up, but it still sent the email. Here's a typical time line.

0:00 blackout starts
0:01 cold backup starts
1:00 cold backup ends
1:10 blackout ends
1:11 "able to connect" email is sent

The weird thing is that sometimes I get the "able to connect" email, and sometimes I don't.

TIA Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 09:52:32 CST