Re: Size of an archive log file for dataguard

From: clint_silver <chad.slattery_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2006 09:42:19 -0800

In case we need to invoke DR we may be able to live with the last known backup (ie the last night)..sorry if my understandings of the concepts are way off but how about using incremental backups of my prod and using scripts to copy to DR site and restore there .. all SIDs, files etc would be replicated

If, for example, I have 1GB of archive per day, a lot of that is full table updates (poor app design, cant do anything about it) where before and after images are being stored, if incremental backups are only backing up changes then (Im thinking based on limited knowledge) that theres not 1GB of backup, theres a lot less as "before images" wouldnt be backed up.

would that minimise the amount of data I need to send over the line?