Re: Oracle string issue

From: Bart the bear <bartthebear_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2006 11:56:50 -0700

nilaybhagat_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Im using Oracle 9.2 and I am having trouble extracting digits from a
> string. I tried using LIKE %[0-9]% but this version does not support
> that. I also cannot use regular expressions for that same reason. Is
> there an easier way to identify digits or do I have to create a
> function to do that.

There is an open source product known as "pathologically eclectic rubbish lister"
which can do that. You can even execute it from the database, there is something
called "extproc_perl" which can execute perl scripts are database procedures. For
more, take a look at: http://www.smashing.org/extproc_perl/ Do not be fooled by cheap imitations like Python or VB. There is only one Perl. Received on Mon Oct 16 2006 - 13:56:50 CDT