Re: 9i Deployment on LAN

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:44:55 GMT

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:16:07 -0700, Naeem wrote:

> If I want to deploy Oracle 9i Application on LAN (About 10 clients
> using web browser). Oracle 9i DB is running on Windows 2000 server. Is
> it possible without using Application Server? If Yes please tell me the
> procedure. Thanks to all....

Define application.

 For example, if this application was based on Oracle's Applcation  Express, and you used Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Express Edition, you  would not need aything else - the database comes with it's own HTTP  server. (Yes, I know you are not using 10gR2/XE - it was an example.)

You are obviously using a web server. What other technology are you using? Perhaps mod_plsql? or Oracle Forms? PHP? .Net?

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!