Re: exporting characters from utf8 database to greek

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 11 Oct 2006 07:36:19 GMT

sasfatu_at_gmx.de wrote:
> Let me describe you our test environment. The client is able to allow
> entering new data.
> I can write greek characters, see them and store them. Even if I close
> the Client and reopen
> the stored data I can see the greek characters.
> Only the export function is not exporting the same greek characters.
> Client and Server running on the same machine.

So the Windows client has the character set set to EL8MSWIN1253 with NLS_LANG, and the database character set is UTF8, correct?

Since this should be fine for a database containing only greek and ASCII characters, maybe there is a problem with the 'export'.

What exactly is this export? I assume that you are not talking about Oracle 'exp' since this would not generate a human readable text file.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 02:36:19 CDT