Re: exporting characters from utf8 database to greek

From: <sasfatu_at_gmx.de>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 23:04:24 -0700

Thanks for the answer,
however I assume that there must be more. Let me describe you our test environment. The client is able to allow entering new data.
I can write greek characters, see them and store them. Even if I close the Client and reopen
the stored data I can see the greek characters. Only the export function is not exporting the same greek characters. Client and Server running on the same machine.

Here is some more information I gathered:

Reg. tests in Poland:
We asked for polish data several months before (i.e. an oracle dump with the settings described above) we cleaned the data for them an sent the dump back to Poland.
In the first they had problems with polish special characters. It was because the database settings were wrong after the reimport of the data. They changed the settings IN the database and it worked.

Reg. tests in Greece:
I discussed some issues with one my colleagues. He told me that in Greece they had a slightly different problem before. The were able to export greek charcters but they were unable to see them in the client.

Regards
Poncho Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 01:04:24 CDT