Automatic Shared Memory Management needs Diagnostics Pack license?

From: Ana Ribeiro <ana.ribeiro_at_reflective.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 05:38:26 -0700

Hi all,
If I use the Oracle 10g feature "Automatic Shared Memory Management" I need to buy the Diagnostics Pack license?

Just to test, I used the ASMM in a test environment (enabling and disabling ASMM) and I could not find any row in the dba_feature_usage_statistics showing that I used this feature. There is no "SGA/Memory Advisor" row in this view! In fact, there is a "Dynamic SGA" row in this view, but this feature was used 1 month ago, the LAST_USAGE_DATE column is not the current date... (My database version is Oracle 10.1.0.2.0)

Does it mean I can use the ASMM feature even without having the Diagnostics Pack license?

Many thanks in advance for the help!
Ana Received on Fri Sep 29 2006 - 07:38:26 CDT