Re: Automatic Shared Memory Management needs Diagnostics Pack license?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 05:54:25 -0700

Ana Ribeiro wrote:
> Hi all,
> If I use the Oracle 10g feature "Automatic Shared Memory Management" I
> need to buy the Diagnostics Pack license?
>
> Just to test, I used the ASMM in a test environment (enabling and
> disabling ASMM) and I could not find any row in the
> dba_feature_usage_statistics showing that I used this feature. There is
> no "SGA/Memory Advisor" row in this view! In fact, there is a "Dynamic
> SGA" row in this view, but this feature was used 1 month ago, the
> LAST_USAGE_DATE column is not the current date... (My database version
> is Oracle 10.1.0.2.0)
>
> Does it mean I can use the ASMM feature even without having the
> Diagnostics Pack license?
>
> Many thanks in advance for the help!
> Ana

It sounds like it but as you are finding out, oracle has kind of messed things up in this area with 10g OEM and licensing of the packs. There's a whole set of other related issues if you have purchased standard edition instead of enterprise.

Filing a service request with oracle is one way of getting a correct ( perhaps ) answer to your question.

Talking to your oracle sales rep is also another recommended option. Received on Fri Sep 29 2006 - 07:54:25 CDT