Re: Automatic Shared Memory Management needs Diagnostics Pack license?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2006 06:07:26 -0700

Ana Ribeiro wrote:
> Hi all,
> If I use the Oracle 10g feature "Automatic Shared Memory Management" I
> need to buy the Diagnostics Pack license?
>
> Just to test, I used the ASMM in a test environment (enabling and
> disabling ASMM) and I could not find any row in the
> dba_feature_usage_statistics showing that I used this feature. There is
> no "SGA/Memory Advisor" row in this view! In fact, there is a "Dynamic
> SGA" row in this view, but this feature was used 1 month ago, the
> LAST_USAGE_DATE column is not the current date... (My database version
> is Oracle 10.1.0.2.0)
>
> Does it mean I can use the ASMM feature even without having the
> Diagnostics Pack license?
>
> Many thanks in advance for the help!
> Ana

What features do you consider to be "Automatic Shared Memory Management?" Are you actually referring to an EM screen rather than the feature?

The Oracle rdbms feature related to automatically managing the Shared Pool where it re-assigns memory to the buffer cache, shared pool, etc... are not related to the AWR feature and were included with the db starting with version 9